1- Are GDS metal panels code compliant?

Yes! We satisfy code requirements making your property inaccessible to unauthorized people. Our panels are a temporary installation and are removed from the property for free when you’ve finished with them.

2- Do I own the panels once GDS installs them?

No, GDS installs and rents its panels and doors to property owners or a representative of the owner. We periodically inspect and maintain the installation until clients have finished with the panels which we then remove for free. We aim to keep your property code compliant and secure for the duration of its vacancy

3- Why don’t I just use a plywood board-up service?

Because GDS offers a better, more secure, and cheaper product than timber board up services. We don’t just “fit and forget.” We partner with property owners to keep their property safe as long as they need us. We developed our product because plywood board-up services did not work for us during house flips and renovations.

4- Do I really need to board-up my house?

Generally, if a property is vacant for a certain amount of time, it will be broken into. Vacant properties that attract squatters and antisocial activity also attracts the attention of code enforcement officers who have the authority to fine nuisance property owners. Keeping your vacant property clean and secure is a good way of avoiding code violations.

5- Does GDS guarantee that my property will not be broken into?

Unfortunately, for legal reasons, no company can make that claim. However, we have seen squatters and vagrants try to go through stucco walls and roofs because they were unable to defeat our secure steel board up system over doors and windows.

6- Once you’ve boarded up my property, how do I access it?

GDS has a unique installation method in that we fasten our panels from a building’s exterior and also clamp our panels from the interior over windows and doors. You will not be able to access the building through these clamped entry holes.

GDS does have a door panel that requires a code to open which allows property owners, realtors, and contractors safe passage to the interior of the building.

Think of our door as a Realtors Lock Box on steroids!

7- Will your installation damage the building?

GDS fastens it’s steel panels directly to structural timber or masonry from the exterior of the building only. When we install our fastening system, we often have to penetrate stucco to find a piece of structural timber. We fill these screw holes in when we remove our installation but clients may wish to paint over our filler. We do not paint and we do not penetrate internal walls.

8- There are squatters in my building. Can you board it up anyway?

It is against the law for us to board up a building while people are legally residing inside. When people are illegally inside a building, GDS works with local code enforcement officers to make sure the property is vacant before we commence our installation.

9- If GDS rents it’s products to clients, how do I pay the rent?

GDS charges an installation fee and an ongoing monthly service & rent fee. When we estimate an installation, we provide both the installation cost and the monthly service fee. Both payments can be made using credit or debit card.GDS uses PayPal and PayPal recurring payments for clients security.

10- I missed a rent payment. What do I do now?

Call us! Although we’d like to stick as closely to our agreed upon terms and conditions as possible, we are open and friendly people who understand that these things can happen from time to time. We will work with you to bring your account current.

11- My property no longer requires GDS service. What do I do?

Give us a call, text, or e-mail with at least 72 hours notice from the time of removal and we’ll schedule in your free removal.

12- A house on my street is vacant and has people entering it at all hours. What do I do?

If you have the property owners contact details, share them with us! We’ll contact the owner and see if GDS can be of service.

Alternatively, every city and county has a Code Enforcement office you can call to report a nuisance property.